Monday, September 10, 2007

Camping


I went camping with my sister and her friends last weekend. I really needed to get away for once this summer. We started out the trip by smashing the stereo with all sorts of objects, including a mini saw. We waited outside this Liquor Mart in Lac Du Bonnet, for it to open. You should have seen the rush of people at noon. It was amazing... like a parade.

I met Sam when we first got to our campsite. I knew it would be a good weekend!










I didn't touch him, but my sister's friend petted him and said he was soft. This is our campsite. The tent closest to the front was very difficult to set up. It took 5 people.
This is the first glance I had of nature. It's not the most impressive falls in Manitoba, but it did the trick for me.Other direction.
This is the lake... well, one of two in the area.
This is the "jumping rock". It is commonly used to jump off of. The woman in blue seemed a little afraid, and unsure. I don't think she ever ended up jumping.
We went on an adventure up the "mountain". We got a little lost for a bit, and I separated from the group!
The top of the hill was awesome! The pictures don't really show how high up we were. It was high.
At first, I was scared to walk close to the edge.. but eventually I DID IT!
I found this shirt off the path behind a rock. It may be evidence of foul play.. so I figured I should document it.
We made a fire and cooked hot dogs!
We tried to make boiled water, but that turned out to be terrifying. I was given quite thorough instruction beforehand, on the use of the stove, but it didn't do what it was supposed to do. Needless to say, we put out the fire, and didn't use the stove ever again.
In the morning, I got up early and went for some nature walks by myself. This was the reason I came on the trip.
The forest was really pretty, and there was a lot of moss, and mushrooms.
I saw three Grouse. It was very exciting for me, and I struggled to contain my excitement whilst photographing them. I kind of know how it feels for those people who end up with fuzzy shots of Bigfoot.
Speaking of fuzzy... I found a "dead" stuffed animal.
Overall, I had a very nice time on our trip. I LOVE NATURE!

No comments: